- This Friday is Ugly Christmas Sweater Day! Wear your tackiest and craziest Christmas gear! Festive hats are permitted. Prizes will be awarded for the tackiest middle school student, high school student, and teacher!
- NHS is sponsoring a Holiday Food Drive now through Friday, December 14th! Please bring canned or nonperishable food items to your 1st period teacher. The 1st period class that collects the most items will be awarded with donuts courtesy of NHS! Let's show our love and support for others during this holiday season!
- Please donate new or used coats for individuals needing the food bank’s services. A donation box will be available in the front office.
- Students & staff's students will now be required to exit all SA buildings by 3:15 p.m. unless they are being directly supervised by a teacher. Any student still here after 3:15 will need to be in the front of the school, and your ride can pick you up from the front circle of the school.
- Click HERE to read the December issue of Champions Chronicle to find out what's going on throughout the Thomasville City Schools District. Past issues are available to the right under District Champions Chronicle. Go to the COMMUNICATIONS page on the district website to access the Champions Chronicle from September, October, and November.
- Due to Hurricane Michael there are 2 days that students will attend school days that were originally scheduled for Teacher Workday/Student Holiday. The revised dates are as follows: February 15 & March 15, 2019.
- Class of 2019: Please submit your baby picture to The Pines yearbook by December 19, 2018 to be included in a special yearbook feature. Email it to email@example.com. Late submissions will not be accepted. Please see Mrs. Celaya or a yearbook staff member if you have any questions!
- Semester Exams schedule for Scholars Academy:
Monday, December 17 - ELA, Science, and A day electives
Tuesday, December 18 - ELA, Science, and B day electives
Wednesday, December 19 - Math, Social Studies, and A day Foreign Language
Thursday, December 20 - Math, Social Studies, and B day Foreign Language
- Semester Exams for Thomasville High School:
Monday, Dec. 17, 2018: Foreign Language & “A” Day Electives 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th periods
Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018: Foreign Language & “B” Day Electives 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th periods
Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2018 : Lang. Arts, Social Studies, Science, & Math “A” Day 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th periods
Thursday, Dec 20, 2018: Lang. Arts, Social Studies, Science and Math “B” Day 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th periods
- If you are a 6th-9th grader who would like to receive peer tutoring, sign ups have started and are available in the guidance office. Tutors are available for every subject. Students can take advantage of this academic resource at no cost and tutoring sessions will be held during lunch. If you have any questions please talk to Braxton Sizemore.
- Go to the CALENDAR for important upcoming concerts, activities, and events and the 2018-19.
- Order your 2018-19 copy of THS yearbook, The Pines, with foil name included:
- Yearbook SECOND CHANCE: $50.00 until February 19, 2019
Yearbook LAST CHANCE: $60.00 until March 11, 2019
- There are two ways to order your HIGH SCHOOL yearbook:
1. Go to www.ybpay.com and enter Yearbook ID Code 12981519.
2. Order in person from Mrs. Celaya (Room B7) at Scholars Academy OR
at THS from Mrs. Hawthorne.
- Check out the NEW student-managed Bulldogs Athletic Website!
- Go to the ATHLETICS page to get current sports schedules for softball, volleyball, football, cross country, basketball, swimming, and baseball.
- Go to the STUDENT LIFE page to get a list of clubs and organizations at THS, SA, and MPMS.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes meetings will be on Tuesdays at 7:20 a.m. in the Multipurpose Room. Both athletes and non-athletes are welcome to attend. For more information, please see Mrs. Renfroe.
- To promote positive behaviors, we use incentives and rewards. Examples of past incentives include a ticket reward system, weekly prize drawings, monthly certificates, and reward parties. We need prizes to reach as many students as possible to reward positive behavior. If you would like to help, please consider donating:
Prizes for students – Popular prizes include gift cards (iTunes, restaurants, gas cars, etc.) in $5-$10 range, earbuds, candy bars, inexpensive jewelry, etc. Anything goes!
Prizes for teachers – We would like to reward our Teacher of the Month with a gift card to a local business in the amount of $20-$25.
Money – Cash donations can be used to purchase supplies for the reward parties or the prizes for drawings. No amount is too small!
- Students may exempt their 2nd semester final exam in a course if they meet the following criteria:
- An overall A average
- 3 or fewer unexcused* absences (3 tardies = 1 absence!)
- No ISS or OSS
*See the student handbook for guides on excused/unexcused absences.
Exemption rules: Only Scholars classes in the following courses may exempt: ELA, math, science, social studies, and foreign language. A student exempting an exam must attend the reward party during the time of the exam. Failure to do so will nullify the exemption.
- Go to the "Academic Success" area on the DOCUMENTS page to access information about scholarships and SAT/ACT dates, fees, and locations.
- Go to COMMUNITY SERVICE to see opportunities offered through Hands on Thomas County for the 2017-18 school year.
- See Ms. Koch to determine if you have met the required minimum 20 hours per year of attendance at Scholars Academy. Excess hours do not carry over from year-to-year. You must meet this requirement in order to obtain your patch and seal at graduation. All other students should submit hours before the last day of school. Go to the COMMUNITY SERVICE page for more information.