- Homecoming 2018 Spirit Week is October 18-21! Monday - Pajama Day for Students (Student Holiday), Tuesday - Tacky Day, Wednesday - Squad Day - students and staff can coordinate as a group to dress alike or as different characters, Thursday - ESPN Day - wear your favorite sports team's jersey or colors, and Friday - District of Champions Day - We're encouraging everyone to wear their Red & Gold loudly and proudly. The students and teachers from each school with the most creative/flamboyant outfit will be recognized.
- Homecoming Parade is Thursday, September 20 at 6:00 p.m. Parade starts and travels along Washington Street and ends at the Historic Courthouse for a community pep rally.
- Homecoming Football Game is Friday, September 21 at 8:00 p.m. - THS vs. Cook County. Homecoming queens and kings will be crowned at halftime.
- Seniors, it's time to sign up for Grad Bash 2019! Go to the Senior Information page on the Scholars Academy website to download the registration form. Registration will begin Monday, September 10. Bring your completed form and $45 deposit to Mrs. Ariail. The first 50 that sign up and pay their deposit will get to go! Don't delay!
- Any high school student interested in ABC Art Club must pick up a permission slip at the office or in Mrs. Ivey-Jackson's room.
- Seniors who did not sit for their senior portraits over the summer are scheduled for makeups at Scholars Academy in the Multipurpose Room on Monday, September 24, 2018. Students have been sent an email with session time. Email Mrs. Celaya if you did not receive information and you missed the summer sessions.
- Middle school and high school make-up picture day is October 18, 2018.
- High School Students All Sports Passes are on sale for $20. Passes are valid for all home contests excluding basketball and football games for the 2018-2019 school year. Please see Mr. Duncan in the THS office to purchase your pass.
- Go to the ATHLETICS page to get current sports schedules for softball, volleyball, football, cross country, basketball, swimming, and baseball.
- Go to the STUDENT LIFE page to get a list of clubs and organizations at THS, SA, and MPMS.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes meetings will be on Tuesdays at 7:20 a.m. in the Multipurpose Room. Both athletes and non-athletes are welcome to attend. For more information, please see Coach Espy.
- Order your 2018-19 copy of THS yearbook, The Pines, with foil name included:
- Full Page Senior Ad + Yearbook Bundle: $100 until October 19, 2018
Yearbook EARLY BIRD: $40.00 until October 19, 2018
Yearbook SECOND CHANCE: $50.00 until February 19, 2019
Yearbook LAST CHANCE: $60.00 until March 11, 2019
- There are two ways to order your HIGH SCHOOL yearbook:
1. Go to www.ybpay.com and enter Yearbook ID Code 12981519.
2. Order in person from Mrs. Celaya (Room B7) at Scholars Academy OR
at THS from Mrs. Hawthorne.
- Senior Recognition Ads after bundle pricing expires on October 19, 2018:
• $100 for full page: 8.5 x 11 (vertical)
• $50 for 1/2 page: 8.5 x 5.5 (horizontal)
- To promote positive behaviors, we use incentives and rewards. Examples of past incentives include a ticket reward system, weekly prize drawings, monthly certificates, and reward parties. We need prizes to reach as many students as possible to reward positive behavior. If you would like to help, please consider donating:
Prizes for students – Popular prizes include gift cards (iTunes, restaurants, gas cars, etc.) in $5-$10 range, earbuds, candy bars, inexpensive jewelry, etc. Anything goes!
Prizes for teachers – We would like to reward our Teacher of the Month with a gift card to a local business in the amount of $20-$25.
Money – Cash donations can be used to purchase supplies for the reward parties or the prizes for drawings. No amount is too small!
- Students may exempt their 2nd semester final exam in a course if they meet the following criteria:
- An overall A average
- 3 or fewer unexcused* absences (3 tardies = 1 absence!)
- No ISS or OSS
*See the student handbook for guides on excused/unexcused absences.
Exemption rules: Only Scholars classes in the following courses may exempt: ELA, math, science, social studies, and foreign language. A student exempting an exam must attend the reward party during the time of the exam. Failure to do so will nullify the exemption.
- Stop by the front office to check out the new Scholars Academy T-shirt featuring one-of-a-kind artwork by Class of 2018 senior Grayson Durham. They are $20 each and available in an assortment of sizes.
- Go to the CALENDAR for important upcoming concerts, activities, and events and the 2018-19 Thomasville City Schools Calendar.
- Go to the "Academic Success" area on the DOCUMENTS page to access information about scholarships and SAT/ACT dates, fees, and locations.
- Go to COMMUNITY SERVICE to see opportunities offered through Hands on Thomas County for the 2017-18 school year.
- See Ms. Koch to determine if you have met the required minimum 20 hours per year of attendance at Scholars Academy. Excess hours do not carry over from year-to-year. You must meet this requirement in order to obtain your patch and seal at graduation. All other students should submit hours before the last day of school. Go to the COMMUNITY SERVICE page for more information.
Find out about upcoming activities and recent accomplishments in our Scholars Blog. Click on Announcements, Stories, or All categories to get the news you want.