- Parent Night for 9th, 10th, and 11th graders will include information regarding Move On When Ready, Advanced Placement, college credit and how colleges view the MOWR credit vs. AP credit, weighted courses vs. non-weighted, and college entrance exams like SAT and ACT on Thursday, March 16 at 6:00 p.m. in the MacIntyre Auditorium.
- Parent Night for rising freshmen/current 8th graders will include information regarding high school credits vs. grades, which middle school grades will be on the high school transcript, how to figure student Grade Point Average (GPA), courses and End-Of Course assessments required by the Georgia Department of Education for graduation, and Georgia Career Pathways on Tuesday, March 21 at 6:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room.
- STUDENTS: Registration cards will be given out early to all parents who come to these information sessions. If your parent is unable to attend, registration cards will not be available to you until the Friday, March 31 before Spring Break! All registration cards are due upon returning from Spring Break. So, if you want a jump start on registration, then please make this a priority for a parent/guardian to attend with you!
- Do you need community service hours? Do you want to help the student body succeed? Or even just meet new people? Then peer tutoring may be for you! Peer tutoring will involve Scholars Academy students helping each other in order to succeed academically. Tutoring sessions will most likely be first come first serve, and will happen during lunch in the back area of the Bulldog Café. A sign up sheet for your name and subject area will be posted in the guidance office. Please see Mrs. Oldham if you are interested!
- For just $15 students 6-12 can purchase a baseball season pass and receive a free Bulldog Baseball tshirt!! Students with passes will be entered into a drawing to win Beats by Dr.Dre. by attending a baseball game. Each game attendance equals one more ticket to win headphones. Thanks for your support of Bulldog Baseball!!
- Middle school yearbooks are on sale. Please see Mrs. Bennett at the Scholars Academy or Ms. Williams at MacIntyre Park to purchase your yearbook. Click here for a FORM to order early and save - presale price is $25.00 and price will go up to $30.00 AFTER Spring Break.
- Prom will be April 14 at The Biscuit Company, and information brochures are in the front office. Download your Guest Application and your Prom King and Queen Application on the SA website on the DOCUMENTS page under Special Events Forms.
- FCA weekly meetings will be on TUESDAYS for the rest of the year in the Multipurpose Room.
- Go to CALENDAR for important upcoming events and the newly approved 2017-18 Thomasville City Schools Calendar.
- Go to the DOCUMENTS page in the "Academic Success" area to find a list of dates for high school End-of-Course (EOC) tests and Advanced Placement (AP) exams.
- Go to the ATHLETICS INFORMATION page to get current sports schedules.
- Videos from our September Math Curriculum Night, October English Curriculum Night, and November College Financial Aid Session are available HERE.
- Dr. Graham has set the expectation that each student should sell at least two THANKS tickets to help raise money for the school. This sale will take place through the 7th period classes, so see your 7th period teacher to get information about the businesses included on the discount card.
- Students may bring Box Tops for Education to their 6th period classes as we are starting a competition among the 6th period classes for this simple fundraiser.
- Go to the "Academic Success" area on the DOCUMENTS page to acces information about scholarships and SAT/ACT dates, fees, and locations.
- Students can check email for an opportunity to nominate their favorite teacher for Teacher of the Month.
- Students may take part in our attendance incentive for this year. There will be reward parties in the 4th nine weeks for students who meet the following criteria: 3 or fewer absences for the day (and 3 tardies = 1 absence!) and 80% or higher in each class.
- See Ms. Koch to determine if you have met the required minimum 20 hours per year of attendance at Scholars Academy. Excess hours do not carry over from year-to-year. You must meet this requirement in order to obtain your patch and seal at graduation. All other students should submit hours before the last day of school. Go to the COMMUNITY SERVICE page for more information.
- Please take a moment and read an important letter about setting up your preferences for Alert Solutions. Click HERE to download the letter and instructions.
- Please remember our PAWS guidelines for Scholars Academy behavior as you go about your day:
- Promote respect, Accept responsibility, Walk with purpose, and Show self-control.
Find out about upcoming activities and recent accomplishments in our Scholars Blog. Click on Announcements, Stories, or All categories to get the news you want.