- There will be a Blood Drive on March 29, 2017, 9-2pm at Thomasville High. Donors must be 16 years or older.
- Prom will be April 14 at The Biscuit Company, and information brochures are in the front office. Download your Guest Application and your Prom King and Queen Application on the SA website on the DOCUMENTS page under Special Events Forms.
- There will be a Prom Committee meeting this Friday in Mrs Ivey-Jackson's room at 3:15.
- If you are getting your prom guest form faxed to the school, please check with Ms. Stormy to make sure it has been received! Don’t wait until the week of the prom when it will be too late!
- State Literary Team competed last weekend in the following areas: Aubrey Brumblow- Personal Narrative Essay; Renderea Perkins, Tyla Joseph, and Christina Kato- Girls Trio;Robert Gloster, Carl Blackmore, Zack Artz, Sebastian James- Boys Quartet; and
Robert Gloster- Boys Solo. Aubrey Brumblow was named the State Runner up for Personal Narrative Essay, and
Robert Gloster received 4th Place in Boys Solo!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to all of our State Literary participants! Our system was well represented by these students!
Don't miss Scholars Dance Showcase Thursday, March 23 @ 7:00 in the MPMS Auditorium--$5/adults, $3/students
- Dance Line Auditions are April 24-26 from 3:15-6:00 at Scott School for rising 7th-12th graders.
- Interest meeting for Dance Line is April 12 from 3:15-4:00 in the MPMS Band Room. Anyone interested in auditioning for the Dance Line must pick up an Audition Packet at the Interest Meeting on April 12.
- It has been approved for 4th 9 week final exams to be exempt from a class if a student meets the following criteria:
-An overall "A" average for the year, in that class
-3 or fewer absences, for the year, in that class. 3 tardies = 1 absence!
-The student has not received ISS or OSS all year.
- Only exams for English, science, math, social studies, and foreign language courses may be exempt. Students from other classes may not exempt their exam and may not attend the award party. During the time of the final exam, students who are exempt will report to the multipurpose room for a movie and snacks. Failure to come to school that day will make the student ineligible for exemption, so if you want to exempt, you must come to class that day. Information about this reward can be found on the PBIS webpage at scholarspbis.weebly.com.
- Majorette Tryouts: Who? Any rising 8th – 12th grader taking Band, Orchestra, or Dance What? Show judges what you know about twirling – including rudimentary twirls, basic marching, and a 32 count routine. Practices will be held on Wednesdays (starting 3/15) from 3:15 to 4:00 in the Multipurpose Room. Batons can be rented or purchased for $20. When? Tryout are Friday, May 12 at 3:30 in the Band Room. Click HERE for flyer.
- Rising juniors and seniors interested in applying for Peer Leadership 2017-18 need to pick up an application packet from Stormy in the front office, Mrs. Burnette in her room, or from the counselors office. Applications are due by noon on March 31.
- If you still want to sign up for Powderpuff Football or Cheerleading, come to Mrs. Burnette's room after school with money in hand.
- Attention all students interested in receiving peer tutoring: Mrs. Oldham has several incredible names of high school students willing and ready in all subject areas to tutor anyone interested during lunch in the hallway behind the Bulldog Café. You must come sign up for a subject area and a day if you are interested in receiving this fabulous free help!
- Do you need community service hours? Do you want to help the student body succeed? Or even just meet new people? Then peer tutoring may be for you! Peer tutoring will involve Scholars Academy students helping each other in order to succeed academically. Tutoring sessions will most likely be first come first serve, and will happen during lunch in the back area of the Bulldog Café. A sign up sheet for your name and subject area will be posted in the guidance office. Please see Mrs. Oldham if you are interested!
- The cafeteria is now selling ice cream for $1 during lunch. If you go through the lunch line, you MUST immediately get your ice cream with your lunch. Only students with lunch boxes will be allowed to get an ice cream.
- Middle school yearbooks are on sale. Please see Mrs. Bennett at the Scholars Academy or Ms. Williams at MacIntyre Park to purchase your yearbook. Click here for a FORM to order early and save - presale price is $25.00 and price will go up to $30.00 AFTER Spring Break.
- FCA weekly meetings will be on TUESDAYS for the rest of the year in the Multipurpose Room.
- Go to CALENDAR for important upcoming events and the newly approved 2017-18 Thomasville City Schools Calendar.
- Go to the DOCUMENTS page in the "Academic Success" area to find a list of dates for high school End-of-Course (EOC) tests and Advanced Placement (AP) exams.
- Go to the ATHLETICS INFORMATION page to get current sports schedules.
- Videos from our September Math Curriculum Night, October English Curriculum Night, and November College Financial Aid Session are available HERE.
- Dr. Graham has set the expectation that each student should sell at least two THANKS tickets to help raise money for the school. This sale will take place through the 7th period classes, so see your 7th period teacher to get information about the businesses included on the discount card.
- Students may bring Box Tops for Education to their 6th period classes as we are starting a competition among the 6th period classes for this simple fundraiser.
- Go to the "Academic Success" area on the DOCUMENTS page to acces information about scholarships and SAT/ACT dates, fees, and locations.
- Students can check email for an opportunity to nominate their favorite teacher for Teacher of the Month.
- Students may take part in our attendance incentive for this year. There will be reward parties in the 4th nine weeks for students who meet the following criteria: 3 or fewer absences for the day (and 3 tardies = 1 absence!) and 80% or higher in each class.
- See Ms. Koch to determine if you have met the required minimum 20 hours per year of attendance at Scholars Academy. Excess hours do not carry over from year-to-year. You must meet this requirement in order to obtain your patch and seal at graduation. All other students should submit hours before the last day of school. Go to the COMMUNITY SERVICE page for more information.
- Please take a moment and read an important letter about setting up your preferences for Alert Solutions. Click HERE to download the letter and instructions.
- Please remember our PAWS guidelines for Scholars Academy behavior as you go about your day:
- Promote respect, Accept responsibility, Walk with purpose, and Show self-control.
Find out about upcoming activities and recent accomplishments in our Scholars Blog. Click on Announcements, Stories, or All categories to get the news you want.