- Any girls interested in participating in the Rose Queen Pageant, who have not already attended an informational meeting, should come to an upcoming meeting on Monday, April 24th at 5:30 pm in the Flipper Room of the Thomas County Public Library.
Students who attended the April 18th informational meeting need not attend the meeting on Monday, April 24.
- If you are interested in Work-Based Learning please stop by the front or guidance office to pick up a form.
- All girls grades 7th-11th grade interested in trying out for volleyball need to see Coach Wade at MPMS or after school in the new gym. You must have physical and tryout registration form completed before you are allowed to tryout. Tryouts will be May 9-11 in the THS gym.
- Middle School Cheerleading Tryouts will be May 12th and you will learn all the cheers, chants, and stunts May 8-11th.
- Middle School yearbooks are still on sale for $25.00-only a limited number are left to purchase. See Ms. Williams at MPMS or Mrs. Bennett at Scholars Academy to purchase your yearbook.
- Dance Line Auditions are April 24-26 from 3:15-6:00 at Scott School for rising 7th-12th graders.
- It has been approved for 4th 9 week final exams to be exempt from a class if a student meets the following criteria:
-An overall "A" average for the year, in that class
-3 or fewer absences, for the year, in that class. 3 tardies = 1 absence!
-The student has not received ISS or OSS all year.
- Only exams for English, science, math, social studies, and foreign language courses may be exempt. Students from other classes may not exempt their exam and may not attend the award party. During the time of the final exam, students who are exempt will report to the multipurpose room for a movie and snacks. Failure to come to school that day will make the student ineligible for exemption, so if you want to exempt, you must come to class that day. Information about this reward can be found on the PBIS webpage at scholarspbis.weebly.com.
- Majorette Tryouts: Who? Any rising 8th – 12th grader taking Band, Orchestra, or Dance What? Show judges what you know about twirling – including rudimentary twirls, basic marching, and a 32 count routine. Practices will be held on Wednesdays (starting 3/15) from 3:15 to 4:00 in the Multipurpose Room. Batons can be rented or purchased for $20. When? Tryout are Friday, May 12 at 3:30 in the Band Room. Click HERE for flyer.
- Attention all students interested in receiving peer tutoring: Mrs. Oldham has several incredible names of high school students willing and ready in all subject areas to tutor anyone interested during lunch in the hallway behind the Bulldog Café. You must come sign up for a subject area and a day if you are interested in receiving this fabulous free help!
- Do you need community service hours? Do you want to help the student body succeed? Or even just meet new people? Then peer tutoring may be for you! Peer tutoring will involve Scholars Academy students helping each other in order to succeed academically. Tutoring sessions will most likely be first come first serve, and will happen during lunch in the back area of the Bulldog Café. A sign up sheet for your name and subject area will be posted in the guidance office. Please see Mrs. Oldham if you are interested!
- FCA weekly meetings will be on TUESDAYS for the rest of the year in the Multipurpose Room.
- Go to CALENDAR for important upcoming events and the newly approved 2017-18 Thomasville City Schools Calendar.
- Go to the DOCUMENTS page in the "Academic Success" area to find a list of dates for high school End-of-Course (EOC) tests and Advanced Placement (AP) exams.
- Go to the ATHLETICS INFORMATION page to get current sports schedules.
- Videos from our September Math Curriculum Night, October English Curriculum Night, and November College Financial Aid Session are available HERE.
- Dr. Graham has set the expectation that each student should sell at least two THANKS tickets to help raise money for the school. This sale will take place through the 7th period classes, so see your 7th period teacher to get information about the businesses included on the discount card.
- Students may bring Box Tops for Education to their 6th period classes as we are starting a competition among the 6th period classes for this simple fundraiser.
- Go to the "Academic Success" area on the DOCUMENTS page to access information about scholarships and SAT/ACT dates, fees, and locations.
- See Ms. Koch to determine if you have met the required minimum 20 hours per year of attendance at Scholars Academy. Excess hours do not carry over from year-to-year. You must meet this requirement in order to obtain your patch and seal at graduation. All other students should submit hours before the last day of school. Go to the COMMUNITY SERVICE page for more information.
- Please take a moment and read an important letter about setting up your preferences for Alert Solutions. Click HERE to download the letter and instructions.
- Please remember our PAWS guidelines for Scholars Academy behavior as you go about your day: Promote respect, Accept responsibility, Walk with purpose, and Show self-control.
Find out about upcoming activities and recent accomplishments in our Scholars Blog. Click on Announcements, Stories, or All categories to get the news you want.