- On Saturday, January 9th from 9am to 10am, MPMS and Scholars Academy will be hosting the Teens for Jeans Free Jeans Giveaway at the MPMS Cafeteria. Families are invited to come and pick up pairs of gently-worn jeans for each member of their family.
- Please join us for OPEN HOUSE on Monday, January 11 from 4-6pm. Parents can pick up GA Milestones and EOC scores and visit teachers from 4:00-5:00. At 5:00, grade-level breakout sessions will be held to explain and help with interpreting the scores. Locations are: 6th grade: Lunchroom (Ms. Jordan, Mrs. Oldham), 7th Grade: Multi-purpose room (Mrs. West), 8th Grade: Bulldog Cafe' (Mrs. Farrell, Mrs. McBride), and High School: SA Computer Lab (Dr. Graham, Ms. Bryan).
- Come join the Rotary Interact Club on Monday, January 18 -- Martin Luther King Jr. Day and volunteer for the Hands on Thomas County Manna Drop from 9am to noon. Stay tuned for location. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Hunnewell or Keldren Reddick for details.
- Seniors must turn in all Community Service Hours by April 30. See Ms. Bailey to determine if you have met the required minimum 20 hours per year of attendance at Scholars Academy. Excess hours do not carry over from year-to-year. You must meet this requirement in order to obtain your patch and seal at graduation.
- There will be a short prom committee meeting after school on Tuesday, January 12 in Mrs. Ivey-Jackson's room about 3:15. The meeting should last about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Mock Trial team will meet at 1 PM for practice this Sunday in Bulldog Café. Please see Mrs. White if you have any questions.
- If you are going to Andrew College to compete on January 20, please pick up your question folder from Mrs. White today before you leave school.
- The PBIS Committee would like to congratulate this week's winners of the ticket drawing: middle school - Ella Millere and Armani Miller and high school - Mason Wilson and Kevyn Stinyard. Please see Ms. Repass to collect your prize.
- There will be a short 6th grade Science Academy meeting after school Friday in Dr. Sims's room. You will get your session dates at this time, and you must be ready to submit your t-shirt design. The meeting will be over by 3:30. All money and forms are due by Monday, January 11.
- Attention seniors! This is the final call for the grad bash trip. The trip will be April 23. There are a few spots remaining and you need to sign up now with Ms. Daily! Students need to pay any remaining balance by January 29. If there is a problem, or you have ANY questions- please talk to Ms. Daily as soon as possible! You do not want to miss out on this final trip with the class of 2016!
- Bulldog Café is now serving hot chocolate and flavored coffee in the mornings for $1.00.
- Middle School Baseball 6th/7th grade tryouts are January 11-12 from 3:45-5:30 PM at Thomasville High School Baseball Field. See Nurse Cone for physical packets and physical dates. All 8th graders need to see Coach McDougald. If you have any questions, see Coach Niswonger, Room 216N. Physical packets are also available in the Documents and Athletics section of the SA website.
- Sign-ups are going on now for the 8th grade Georgia Studies Tour which is March 28- April 1.
- Please remember to email Mrs. Celaya with results of sporting events and we will announce. Sports Schedules are all available on the SA website.
- All middle school and high school students are invited to come to FCA each Wednesday at 7:20 in room 120N. Please see Jacob Cone if you have any questions
Find out about upcoming activities and recent accomplishments in our Scholars Blog. Click on Announcements, Stories, or All categories to get the news you want.