- The next meeting of the Scholars Boosters school support organization is Thursday, January 21 at 6:00 p.m. in the Bulldog Café.
- Sixth grade Science Academy will meet Tuesday, January 19 after school in the Bulldog Café. Please wait outside under the oak tree until Ms. Rinehart or Dr. Sims comes to get you. The meeting should be over by 4:30 Please bring a pencil!
- Volunteers are needed for the Jerger Winter Festival this Friday, January 22. Sign up in the front office of the Scholars Academy by THURSDAY. There are 3 different time slots: 4:00 - 5:00, 5:00 - 6:00, and 6:00 - 7:00. Students may sign up for as many slots as they are willing to volunteer for. All volunteers need to sign in on the computer at the front desk once they arrive at Jerger. They MUST sign out at the same location in order to receive credit for service hours. Volunteers will be given their assigned duties as they sign in. Students will be working at a station alongside student/adult volunteers. Students should feel free to bring money to participate in the festival once their shift has ended.
- We would like to congratulate the winners of the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) Essay contest. We would also like to stress that our students beat out all of our other area schools and completely swept the top spots. Way to go!!
6th grade: 1st place Ellie Morgan Griffin Scholars, 2nd Kendall Cullison Scholars, 3rd place Caroline Riley Bass Scholars and 8th grade: 1st place Kelly Lane McDougald Scholars, 2nd place Jasmine Freeman Scholars, 3rd place Elijah Dean Humphries Scholars
- The PBIS Committee would like to congratulate the winners of last week's ticket drawing: middle school - Jay Sanders and Gabe Duncan and high school - Walt Tucker and Cannon Wheeler. See Ms. Repass to collect your prize.
- All junior girls who will be 16 years old by April 1 who would like to compete in the 2015-2016 Rose Queen Pageant can get information and an application from Ms. Jordan's office.
- The Bulldog Dash 5k Race is set for March 5. Go to the DOCUMENTS section on the SA website for a flyer and a registration form.
- Anyone interested in earning community service hours by participating in the Scholars Classical Fair on March 5 from 11:30-1:30 should come sign up in Mr. Gammel’s room. Meetings are held Fridays after school.
- Seniors must turn in all Community Service Hours by April 29. See Ms. Bailey to determine if you have met the required minimum 20 hours per year of attendance at Scholars Academy. Excess hours do not carry over from year-to-year. You must meet this requirement in order to obtain your patch and seal at graduation.
- This is the final call for the Grad Bash trip. The trip will be April 23. There are a few spots remaining and you need to sign up now with Ms. Daily! Students need to pay any remaining balance by January 29. You do not want to miss out on this final trip with the class of 2016!
- Save the date for Thomasville City Schools Drama Program’s spring musical production: South Pacific on March 18 & 19!
- Sign-ups are going on now for the 8th grade Georgia Studies Tour which is March 28- April 1.
- Please remember to email Mrs. Celaya with results of sporting events and we will announce. Sports Schedules are all available on the SA website.
- All middle school and high school students are invited to come to FCA each Wednesday at 7:20 in room 120N. Please see Jacob Cone if you have any questions.