- Moonlight and Magnolias Dance is set for February 12 from 6:30 - 8:30 for middle school and 9:00-11:00 for high school. Admission is $5.00. Location is in the Multipurpose Room. Attire is semi-formal: girls, dressy dresses & guys, ties. Parent volunteers will be needed for refreshments, set up, clean up, and chaperoning. Stay tuned for opportunities.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors: Prom is fast approaching! April 15th will be here before you know it. You should see Mrs. Ivey-Jackson to pay your prom dues of $50 as soon as possible. Dues will not be accepted after March 31th. She will be at THS on Wednesdays at the beginning of 3rd period to collect dues if you are unable to see her any other time. Otherwise, you may pay during lunch at the Scholars Academy in Ivey-Jackson’s classroom during 1st lunch or in the Bulldog Café during 2nd lunch. Dues should be paid to no one except Mrs. Ivey-Jackson. Cash is preferred.
- Prom Information Packets will be available in the THS or Scholars Academy offices with all information that you will need.
- All Key Club members need to meet by the picnic tables right after school on Wednesday, January 27th for a yearbook picture. You need to wear your Key Club shirt or a red shirt. This will only take about 10 minutes.
- Builders Club will meet on Tuesday, February 2nd right after school in the computer lab. The meeting will be over by 3:30.
- MPMS Track & Field Tryouts are Jan. 25, 26, & 28 @ 3:30-5:30. Completed physicals are due before participation. Please see Coach D. Anderson or Coach Peirce with any questions.
- All junior girls who will be 16 years old by April 1 who would like to compete in the 2015-2016 Rose Queen Pageant can get information and an application from Ms. Jordan's office.
- The Bulldog Dash 5k Race is set for March 5. Go to the DOCUMENTS section on the SA website for a flyer and a registration form.
- Anyone interested in earning community service hours by participating in the Scholars Classical Fair on March 5 from 11:30-1:30 should come sign up in Mr. Gammel’s room. Meetings are held Fridays after school.
- Seniors must turn in all Community Service Hours by April 29. See Ms. Bailey to determine if you have met the required minimum 20 hours per year of attendance at Scholars Academy. Excess hours do not carry over from year-to-year. You must meet this requirement in order to obtain your patch and seal at graduation.
- This is the final call for the Grad Bash trip. The trip will be April 23. There are a few spots remaining and you need to sign up now with Ms. Daily! Students need to pay any remaining balance by January 29. You do not want to miss out on this final trip with the class of 2016!
- Save the date for Thomasville City Schools Drama Program’s spring musical production: South Pacific on March 18 & 19!
- Sign-ups are going on now for the 8th grade Georgia Studies Tour which is March 28- April 1.
- Please remember to email Mrs. Celaya with results of sporting events and we will announce. Sports Schedules are all available on the SA website.
- All middle school and high school students are invited to come to FCA each Wednesday at 7:20 in room 120N. Please see Jacob Cone if you have any questions
- Please remember our PAWS guidelines for Scholars Academy behavior as you go about your day:
- Promote respect, Accept responsibility, Walk with purpose, and Show self-control.
Find out about upcoming activities and recent accomplishments in our Scholars Blog. Click on Announcements, Stories, or All categories to get the news you want.