- Midterm Progress Reports and an “Information Update” newsletter will be coming home this Friday.
- Please review the areas where drop off and pick up are allowed and restricted in our traffic plan under the HOME section on the DOCUMENTS page of the website.
- Please go to the HOME page and check out an informational video about the upcoming ESPLOST referendum to continue a one cent sales tax that benefits Thomasville City and Thomas County Schools.
- A Parent Information Meeting for prospective Scholars Academy families is Thursday, February 4 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the Bulldog Café. Admissions materials are available under the HOME section on the ADMISSIONS page of the website. Applications are due on April 1, 2016.
- Mrs. Bennett will be selling basketball t-shirts for $10.00 in the computer lab before and after school this week.
- High School Science Olympiad members need to see Mrs. Ariail.
- Looking for an original and creative gift for Valentine's Day? The High School String Orchestra presents “Serenade Your Sweetie!” Choose a song from the list and they'll find your Valentine during lunch and play for them. The cost is $5 per song and $10 for a song, candy, and balloon delivery. Find an orchestra member during lunch to purchase a serenade.
- Beta Club Induction is Tuesday, February 2 at the 7:00 p.m. at the Center for the Arts.
- The National Honor Society Induction ceremony will be held on Thursday, February 11 at the Center for the Arts; the ceremony will begin at 7:00PM and a reception will follow. The rehearsal for the induction ceremony will be on Friday, February 5 at the Center for the Arts auditorium, and it will begin promptly at 3:15PM. All current NHS members and new inductees should be in attendance.
- Grady EMC offers the Washington Youth Tour leadership event from June 9 - June 16. This week-long, all expenses paid trip is open to juniors only. See Mrs. Bryan for application information. Deadline is March 4.
- Football Banquet (Football Players, Football Cheerleaders, Competition Cheerleaders) will be Feb. 4 at 6:00 in the THS Cafeteria. It is asked that all young men please wear ties.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors: Prom is fast approaching! April 15th will be here before you know it. Prom dues of $50 should be paid to Mrs. Ivey-Jackson as soon as possible and will not be accepted after March 31. Cash is preferred. Prom Packets are available in the THS or Scholars Academy offices and on the SA website DOCUMENTS page with information about the theme, dress code, dues, guests, and Prom King & Queen. Dues can be paid at the following times and locations: THS campus on Wednesdays at the beginning of 3rd period, Scholars Academy in Ivey-Jackson’s classroom during 1st lunch, Bulldog Café during 2nd lunch.
- Builders Club will meet on Tuesday, February 2nd right after school in the computer lab. The meeting will be over by 3:30.
- The Bulldog Dash 5k Race is set for March 5. Go to the DOCUMENTS section on the SA website for a flyer and a registration form.
- Anyone interested in earning community service hours by participating in the Scholars Classical Fair on March 5 from 11:30-1:30 should come sign up in Mr. Gammel’s room.
- Seniors must turn in all Community Service Hours by April 29. See Ms. Bailey to determine if you have met the required minimum 20 hours per year of attendance at Scholars Academy. Excess hours do not carry over from year-to-year. You must meet this requirement in order to obtain your patch and seal at graduation.